Conscious Art For Sale
The artist and social critic reflect on the past, the present, and the future.
- “The Cakewalk” is a ridiculous minstrel dance competition which was imposed on slaves for the master's amusement but which the slaves then used turn the tables and as an opportunity to laugh and amuse themselves at the master’s silliness.
- “The Messenger” speaks to the ills of war and the unnecessary deaths of our young men and women - Little Joey went from fascination to enlisted service bearing witness to the fallen until it was finally his turn.
- “Drone Dancers” reminds us that while Drones kill terrorists they also kill innocent women and children.
- “Soviet Hamburgers” spoofs the explosion of Capitalism in Russia and the decline of Democracy in America.
- "Submarine Over Harlem", "Drone Over Harlem" comments of government surveillance.
- “Jesus Loves Barbecue” sees Jesus as an ordinary man living in Texas or the Bible belt southwest who has a taste for barbecue like every one else.
- "The Black GI Joe" reflects a yearning to be true one's self.
- "Chocolate Cop" takes on the conduct of the Blue Shield - whether in the form of black or white cops
- “A savior is Born” depicts the arrival of The Prophet Elijah Muhammad and the Black Muslim as a potent force in the community of dispossessed black men.
- “Migration of the Super Heroes” questions the colossal failure of our society – government, intelligence, military, and the entire security apparatus to protect against the 9/11 attacks.
- “Life-form on Mars” wonders out loud on the possibility that the planet Mars is ruled by giant sized super intelligent black women.
- The “Man with the Banjo” reflects the diminishing impact of the conscientious objector, as the false sense of acceptance by the crowd and mandated collective behavior, guide most of us to unconsciously to move with the crowd, to what may even be an untimely death.
Paris based contemporary artist Ealy Mays' online art gallery presents a beautiful selection of figurative paintings, art narratives, mixed media decor and choice canvas prints and posters.